HomeTop

Home

Top

The Official Tourist Information Site for Wells

Priest's House

Attractions > Attractions

The Priest's House. Image © Sarah Smith

This medieval hall-house was built in 1308 for the parish priest by Muchelney Abbey. Very little has been altered since the early 17th century. It incorporates a Gothic doorway, tracery windows and a 15th-century fireplace. It was used by the vicar or curate until around 1840. It later became a school, and in late 19th century it was rented by a farmer. Limited opening times.

Lat/Long : 51.021185, -2.815189

Visitor Information for THE CITY OF WELLS • MENDIP HILLS • SOMERSET LEVELS

Tourist Information